10 Best Hair Care Tips for Winter
Hair Care is difficult in Winters and this is the reason that hair damage rates increase in these days. For dense hair, winters are even tougher, At this time, the problem of dandruff, split ends, dry or rough hair, hair fall is common. Expert Dermatologist say that changes in weather also affect the hair along with the skin. At this time dryness and roughness are the problems of almost every hair types. That is why hair needs special hair care in winters.
So, Don’t let your hairs suffer from cold and provide extra care to them. Through this article, we are telling you the ways to prevent the winter problems with hairs and hair care tips of winters.
Let’s know some easy and effective winter hair care tips and tricks to keep your hairs full of life and classy.
1 Don’t Avoid Cleanliness
- In winter, it is very important to keep your hairs Clean. Wash your hairs with shampoo at least one or two times a week. Shampoo should not be used much in hair during winter. Excessive use of shampoo leads to dryness in the skin of the head and hair starts breaking down.
- Avoid washing your hairs repeatedly, because it covers your hairs with artificial oil instead of Natural oil. It leads to dandruff and itchy scalp too.
- Don’t take a hot shower. Hot water can harm your hair. You can use cold or warm water instead while washing your hair in winters..
- Massage the scalp with fingers for about five minutes while shampooing. This enhances blood circulation. It is helpful in the growth and thickness of hairs.
- Winter can make your hairs dull and lifeless, So, Deep conditioning is essential to avoid cold problems from hairs. You can also apply leave-in-hair conditioner after washing hairs. It makes your hairs straight and shiny.
2. Dry Your Hairs Properly
- When drying your wet hairs, use a wide-tooth comb for it. But keep in mind, too much combing in wet hair leads to more hair fall. So the best hair care tip for winters is to avoid over combing
- Avoid using Blow Dryers to dry your wet hair. Instead of it, use soft towels to dry it.
- When styling your hairs, use your hairspray very less and avoid it as much as you can.
- Not only the hairspray but other hair products except shampoo, conditioner, and serum, should be used very less.
3. Check Your Winter Cap
The breakdown of hair in winter is not only a matter of caring for them. It also depends on what you wear on the head to avoid the cold outbreak. Hair is often broken by a scarf or wearing a woolen hat. Hats can disrupt circulation to the hair follicles and cause friction on the scalp that can lead to damage and hair loss. Occasional use of them is fine, but constant wear can be a problem.
- You can use some tips to avoid this damaging such as-
- Don’t wear a hat or scarf when you hairs are wet.
- You can wear silk scarves to protect hair from cracking.
- Use hair oil for massaging
- Make a bun when wearing a cap or get a style according to your cap or scarf.
4. Avoid Damage from the Heater
People often use the heater to get relief from freezing. Using heater can increase dryness in your hair. It will be better if you use less heater. Use an extra deep conditioning once a week to reduce stiffness in the hair. Also, use hair products that keep a maintained moisture level in your hair.
5. Avoid using A curling/ Straightening Iron
Some women use iron, blow dryer or curling iron to dry hair or make them stylish. The use of curling iron etc. increases the problem of dryness in the hair. Avoid using them as much as you can. Also, keep in mind that your hair should be completely dried before wearing scarves.
6. Give Your Hairs Spa Treatment at Weekends
As told, in winters, hairs need extra care, you must do something for them, here is one of the methods of extra care of your hairs which is also called Hair Spa at home-
- Make your hairs frizz free first. If the hair is tangled, then use the Big Toothed comb to fix them.
- Now put honey in the roots of the hair and keep them wrapped in towels for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, wash them off with lukewarm water. The use of honey will get shine in your hair.
7. Moisturise Your Scalp
In winter, your body, as well as your hairs, needs moisture. Use oils to moist them. Olive oil makes hair healthy. Give your hairs hot oil massage as it is more effective and helpful.
- Massage the hair roots by heating two spoons olive oil. This will keep moisture in the roots of the hair and your hair will not suffer from breakouts and hair fall.
- Always use branded oil for massage in the hair.
- Before buying a massage oil for your hairs, always check that there are such nutrients which will be beneficial for hair.
8 Eat Healthy for Your Hairs
- If you are a non-vegetarian, then you can eat eggs. Eating eggs will is quite good for your hairs. Egg protein makes hair strong, shiny and healthy. They also provide special protection to the hair in winter. In addition to eggs, you can eat fish, meat etc.
- If you are Vegetarian, then rajma, soya bean sprouts can be the best choice for nutritious hair supplements.
Also, add these foods in your diet-
- Strawberries and guavas
- Sweet potatoes
9 Apply Hair Masks for different Problems
To avoid the trouble of dandruff, apply some natural tips-
- Mix lemon juice and coconut oil and apply it in your scalp.
- Leave it for the whole night.
- Wash your head with shampoo in the morning. Dandruff will be gone.
Hair Expert Dr. S. According to Sarin, hair masks are also good for hair in winter.
If your hair is dry, massage the olive or coconut oil lightly before sleeping in the night. This keeps moisture in the hair and the hair gets strong too.
Apply egg mask for better hair care.
- Take one egg white in a bowl and add one teaspoon of olive oil and honey in the egg.
- Beat to make a paste and apply in your hairs from root to tips.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and rinse with a mild shampoo.
10 Go for Regular Trims
Hairs get more damaged near the tips, split ends and dry hairs are mostly start from the tips. So, trimming is also essential for your hairs. You should go for a trim after every six to eight and it can really help your hairs to be unaffected with damage otherwise the split ends can reach out to your scalp and stop growing as well.
Damaged hairs mostly have a straw-like structure, These can be easily cut off to promote growth and remove split ends.
- The biggest reason for hair breakdown in winter is Dandruff
- Use Extra Deep Conditioner Hair once a week
- Apply lukewarm olive oil to moisture in hair roots.
- Hair Masks works well to maintain the health of hairs
The beauty of hairs also affects the beauty of the face. Hair care is a bit difficult in winter days but these tips will definitely help you. At this time a slight negligence can be fatal for some women. So, don’t let yourself regret later and apply these hair care tips for winters so that your hairs feel lively and free always. Hope this article helped you in caring your hairs and saved you from the winter disaster. Keep your hairs healthy and lively!