Singapore Visa for Indians- How to Apply, Validity, Fees, Documents needed
This article will guide you everything you need to know about Singapore Visa for Indians. Do you want to explore Singapore? Then you will need Singapore Visa which allows you to visit Singapore for a specific period of time. Although, people having diplomatic or official passports do not require a visa to visit the Lion City. But without such document, you will not be permitted to enter into Singapore. Immigration and Checkpoint Authority of Singapore issues the different type of visa which depends on your purpose to visit Singapore city.
Types of Singapore Visa for Indians
- Entry Visa
- Business Visa
- Employment Visa
- Student Visa
- Visa for Social Visit
Let’s see the procedure through which you can apply for the Singapore Visa for Indians
There is a simple procedure following which you can apply for the Singapore Visa for Indians online. The visa can be applied online through e-visa application system. A physical application of Singapore visa for Indian nationals is not accepted by the High Commission of Singapore, it can be applied through online mode only.
Candidates who wish to obtain the Singapore Visa, apply online from India and fill the Form 14A which is easily available on ICA Website. However, you can take the help of an agent as well who can apply for your Visa on your behalf. Singapore e visa for Indian nationals is advised to apply at least 30 days before arrival in Singapore.
Besides this, your contacts in Singapore(if Any) can also help you to apply for the Singapore visa on your behalf by SAVE (Submission of Application for Visa Electronically). Well, the person who is applying your Singapore visa has to use his Singapore pass account.
On approval of your visa application, you can take out its print for the future reference.
Prescribed Documents to Singapore Visa for Indians
The persons who are applying for Singapore Visa for Indians have to submit the necessary below mentioned documents –
- Form 14A must be completed in all respects.
- Passport having minimum validity of 6 months.
- Recent (taken within last three months) 2 passport sized photograph –
- The photograph must be colored, 35mm wide, 45mm high and does not comprises any border.
- Face must be completely visible as well as the face portion i.e. from crown to chin should be between 25mm to 35mm.
- The face must be completely viewable i.e. you should not wear any headgears until and unless it is permitted due to the religious reasons. Although, they must be careful that headgears will not cover their face.
- The background must be plain white in the photo without shadows.
- Full Face with upper shoulders visible, facing forward with eyes open.
- Hairs must not cover the eyebrows or the eyes.
- Photo must not be taken under direct lighting, it should have an even exposure.
- Spectacle frames must not cover part of the eyes.
- Spectacle lenses must not reflect or glare.
- You must also note that the photo should have either a matt or semi-matt finish.
- In case your photo is found scanned or unclear, it will be rejected by the authorities.
- The photo must be in JPEG image format.
- 400 by 514 pixels image size.
- No more than 150 kilobytes file size.
2. Some other important documents required for Singapore Visa for Indians are Form V39A LOI (Letter of Introduction) which may be issued by local contact in Singapore or you may also ask your Embassy for an LOI to support your visa application. The local contact must be either a Singapore Citizen (SC) or a Singapore permanent resident (PR) who is at least 21 years old with a SingPass/ CorpPass account. However, in case you are applying for a business visit, the local contact must be acting on behalf of the Singapore-registered business entity.
3. Letter of Guarantee from the Shipping agent, In Principal Approval Letter, Residential Proof, Employment Letter, Company Invitation Letter etc
4. One more thing you should keep in mind is that all such documents which are in Hindi have to be mandatorily translated into English.
Fees of Singapore Visa for Indians
You have to pay a prescribed amount to apply for Singapore Visa decided by Singapore Immigration and Checkpoints Authority. Currently, the amount payable in this respect is S$30 which is payable at the time of application and such fees is not refundable in any case.
The candidate can make the payment online by using Mastercard or Visa Card or Debit Card. If you have decided to apply for the visa through an agent, you may have to pay some service charges over and above it.
How to Check Application Status Online?
After submission of application form of SIngapore visa for Indians, candidates used to bother that how can they verify their application status? There is a simple procedure through which you can check your application status online. For this, you have to visit ICA website and click on “Visa(SAVE)” option.
Thereafter, you will have to proceed with “Status Enquiry” and enter your “Application Reference Number” and “Travel Document Number”.
If your application is approved by the ICA, then you can avail a copy of your e-visa. The application often takes one working day to get processed excluding the day of submission, Although it may take some more time, especially during peak time.
How much time will Singapore Visa for Indians be Valid?
The validity of Singapore Visa for Indian nationals depends on the type of visa you have applied for. Before Expiry of the visa, you have to return back to your hometown and must apply for an extension. There are some charges which you will have to pay for the extension of your Visa.
Tourist Singapore Visa for Indians
Tourist Visa allows Indians to explore the Singapore City for the tourism purpose only. Tourist Singapore visa for Indian nationals can also be applied online and the form for such is available on the ICA website at free of cost. You can either apply yourself or take the help of an agent to apply for the Singapore Visa. Before hiring an agent, you must ensure that agent should be more than 21 years and also have a SingPass Account.
You will have to pay charges as decided by ICA (Immigration and Checkpoints Authority), of Singapore time to time (currently charges are levied as S$30) for the Singapore Visa and if you hire an agent then you will have to pay charges over and above it.
On approval of your application, you can take its print for the further reference.
What are the documents required for Singapore Tourist Visa?
Certain documents are needed to apply for the Singapore tourist Visa for Indians which are mentioned below –
- To apply for the tourist visa, you need a passport with a minimum validity period of 6 months.
- You need to show your confirmed air tickets (return ticket should also include) which contains itinerary of your trip.
- Recent 2 passport size photographs which fulfill the prerequisite conditions –
- The photo must be 35mm x 45mm in size.
- The photo must be against plain white background without any border.
- It must have matt or semi-matt finish.
- The photo must be showing full face of the applicant with no headgear. Wearing headgear only because of racial or religious purposes are permitted but must ensure that it does not cover your facial features.
- Duly attested copy of bank statement (attestation by the bank) reflecting previous 6 months transactions.
- Previous 3 years copy of ITR (Income Tax Return).
- Copy of pay slip (if applicable).
- Proof of residence.
- In case of the Minor child, No objection Letter is required from the parents.
- All the documents which are not originated in English required to be translated into English.
- A letter to the Embassy of Singapore which mentions your travel date.
- Leave letter from the applicant’s company.
Although, besides the above documents if high commission asked then you may need to submit additional documents.
How much time does Singapore Tourist Visa will be valid?
Singapore tourist visa for Indian citizens is valid for 2 years but you are allowed to stay in Singapore not more than 30 days for a continuous period. In such 2 years, you do not have to reapply for the Singapore Visa for visiting the city multiple times.
How to Check Singapore Tourist Visa Status Online?
On completion of above formalities, you can check your tourist visa application status online on the ICA Website. For such verification, you have to visit the ICA official website and click on “Visa(SAVE)” option. Thereafter, you will be directed to another page where you have to click on “Status Enquiry” and submit your “Travel Document Number” and “Application Reference Number”.
In case of approval of your application, you can take a print of your e-visa.
If you are planning a holiday to Singapore then we will suggest you to explore the Bali Islands too. Bali have a Visa on Arrival facility for Indians, Costing around 25 USD and Valid for 30 days. Moreover if you want to travel hassle free you can just Visit “Roaming Routes”, they Provide best Singapore packages or Singapore with Bali package