7 Amazing Facts About Akshay-Twinkle’s Love Story
Meet Bollywood’s most sorted and amazing couple – Akshay Kumar and Twinkle Khanna.
Despite being married over 16 years now, Twinkle has never been with Akshay to any award nights or interviews. But Mrs. Funnybones made an exception for Karan Johar’s chat show ‘Koffee With Karan’ where she accompanied Akshay for a fun chit-chat with her best buddy. And both of them shared some 7 most amazing facts and things of their lovely relationship.
1. Before entering Bollywood, Akshay was a waiter and a partial cook at a hotel in Bangkok. Twinkle was busy preparing herself for making an entry into Bollywood as an actress.
2. Akshay and Twinkle first met during a shoot for Filmfare magazine, in Mumbai, and he is grateful to Filmfare for this. As Akshay showed an instant crush on Twinkle However, during the shooting of their film, International Khiladi, the two actually fell for each other, and the rest is history.
3. Twinkle promised to marry Akshay if her film Mela flopped. On the episode of the popular TV show, Koffee With Karan, Akshay shared that Twinkle was very confident of her upcoming release, Mela, in 2000. She was certain that it would create magic at the box office. So just to check the fate she promised Akshay if the movie flopped, she would marry him. Luckily it happened and soon they got married.
4. On Koffee With Karan, Akshay also talked about the secret behind their strong bond that they keep on discovering new things about each other, that what makes two people more compatible as a couple.
5. Akshay told in an interview that the one decision that changed his life was marrying Twinkle.
6. Well, that is not all! We have something more interesting for you that Twinkle mentioned about Akshay in one of her interviews. The actress revealed the romantic side of Akshay as she said:
“Akshay’s idea of a romantic date is a six-kilometre jog, followed by 500 crunches… TOGETHER! Eeeeks!”
7. Twinkle narrated one more funny incident to the audience in the episode of Koffee with Karan. She said that on his first visit to their home, Dimple said that one of her friends in a newspaper believes that Akshay is gay.