Top 5 Latest Scooters in India Under Rs. 50,000
Automatic Scooter (commonly known as Scooty) is a general need of the Indian Families and the most common reason is they are easy to ride. The second big reason to choose an automatic scooter over the stylish motorcycles is the convenience offered by their features. These type of scooters are basically designed to be used by multiple members of a family so they are also called, “Family Scooters”. There are many such kinds of two-wheelers available in the Indian market, which confuses the buyers and they go for a just a popular brand without evaluating its value for the money they are paying. So, here we are with top 5 scooters available in the market under Rs. 50,000.
5) Honda Activa 3G: Since its inception, Honda Activa is leading the automatic scooter segment in India. However, if we evaluate it on the scale of value for money product, it stands last in this list. The performance of the scooter is quite nice, however, there are some drawbacks of the scooter, which needs to be improved. The styling of the scooter is decent and its 110cc HET engine puts out 8bhp of power and 8.8Nm of torque along with a claimed fuel economy up to 60kmpl. Now, the drawbacks of the scooter are its outdated suspension system and lack of advanced features, still priced at Rs. 49,517 (ex-showroom, Delhi).
4) Mahindra Gusto: The revolutionary Mahindra Gusto doesn’t look that cool, however, it is a champion in the tasks of utility, comfort and convenience. The scooter is available in 3 variants- DX, HX and VX, priced at Rs. 44,850, Rs. 46,850 and Rs. 48,850, and a recently launched VX Special Edition comes with a price tag of Rs. 49,350 (all prices are ex-showroom, Delhi). The scooter is powered by a peppy 110cc engine, delivering 8bhp of maximum power along with an impressive top torque of 9Nm. The scooter features 12″ wheels with tubeless tyres, telescopic front suspension, LED pilot lamps, quick storage in front, height adjustable seat, remote flip key fob, find me lamps and much more. All these exciting features are standard with the top of the trim while some of them missing in the other variants, and the special edition also offers two new dual tone shades.
3) Hero MotoCorp Duet: The largest two-wheeler manufacturer, Hero MotoCorp, has recently launched its new unisex scooter Duet in the market. The scooter is available in two options, LX with bottom-link type front suspension and a price tag of Rs. 48,400, while VX with telescopic forks at the front and a price tag of Rs. 49,900 (both ex-showroom, Bangalore). It comes with a metal body and a new 110cc engine making 8.3bhp of power and 8.3Nm of torque, and claims to return mileage up to 63.8kmpl. Features like external fuel filling, remote seat & fuel lid opening, Throttle Position Sensor (TPS), Integrated Braking System (IBS) and tubeless tyres come standard with both the variants, while some premium features like mobile charging port, boot light and digital analog meter console are standard with only VX trim.
2) TVS Jupiter: If we talk about a perfect family ride, Jupiter is the synonym of it. The well designed unisex scooter looks good, performs well, stands on quality and also has some very interesting features. It has a large wheelbase for better space, still has a small turning radius. it is the slimmest one among all the five options here along with a low seat height, so the female rider can also ride it easily. The scooter uses an 110cc motor like the others, which puts out up to 8bhp of power and 8Nm of torque. It features smart 12″ alloy wheels with tubeless tyres, telescopic front suspension and gas charged rear shock absorbers, external fuel filling, twin pilot lamps, LED tail lamp, pass switch, retractable bag hooks, E-Z central stand, dual side handle lock, mobile charger (optional) and it comes with a very affordable price tag of Rs. 47,989 (ex-showroom, Delhi). The Jupiter is also available in a ZX variant, which costs around Rs. 2,000 extra and offers you a dura-cool seat, beige inner panels and two new colour options- Matte Blue and Stallion Brown.
1) Hero MotoCorp Maestro Edge: The newly launched Hero Maestro Edge has become much popular in the market these days and the biggest reason is its very premium styling along with unique features. The scooter is powered by the same 110cc engine that powers the Duet as well, however, it looks much stunning with its edgy styling. Apart from that, it has telescopic front suspension, smartly designed external fuel filling cap, digital analog console, remote seat & fuel cap opening, mobile charging port, boot light, Integrated Braking System (IBS), beautiful LED tail lamp, alloy wheels with tubeless tyres, side stand indicator, immobilizer (Anti-Theft System) and much more. All these features come standard with the Maestro Edge VX, priced at Rs. 49,500, while the LX trim misses some of them, costing just Rs. 1,200 lesser. So, we would recommend you to go for the VX trim instead of the LX.
We hope this article will help you in selecting your new scooter that you want to buy. If you like the article, please share it to help others in finding the right partner for their daily ride.